Technology rules! This is one truth known to all paralegals and other legal professionals.
We have entered the age where nothing is fast enough. Thanks to technology, we can work faster but it does not guarantee we are working smarter.
If legal professionals do not allow the time to check their work for accuracy, to ensure security, guarantee confidentiality and protect the attorney-client privilege, they are doing a disservice to the firm and its clients.
Are you familiar with the ethics rules that apply to the use of technology in the law firm? Now is a great time to learn those rules and also earn CLE credit.
Let’s Get Ethical…Let’s Get Technical will be offered on Thursday, May 14th, at 1:00 pm Eastern time. This ninety-minute teleclass (you only need to be on your phone…no computer is necessary) has been approved by NALA for 1.5 hours of ethics CLE. (California CLE credit application is pending)
This content-rich high-quality course will include a comprehensive handout for your reference, as well as lots of great information, including
- How the web is redefining ‘public’ information
- Why social media can be helpful…and how it can be a negative
- The issues of Metadata
- Rules, Codes and case law that you should be aware of
- How to properly redact documents for online filing
- The perils of using your BlackBerry, your laptop and your cell phone
- Killer tips for using technology in litigation
For more information and to register, follow this link.
Hope to see you on May 14th!