On this episode of The Paralegal Voice Charles Volkert, executive director of Robert Half Legal, joins host Vicki Voisin to discuss the future of the paralegal profession, how it’s changing, and specific steps you can take to land your dream job.
Charles Volkert is executive director for Robert Half Legal and co-managing director of Robert Half Legal eDiscovery Services.
Robert Half Legal is the premier provider of highly skilled legal professionals for law firms and corporate legal departments; it also offers legal project management and managed review services. Volkert is a noted author, speaker, and former litigator.
Volkert provides valuable advice on how to get noticed in the field, including the importance of a proactive mindset and the need to be flexible. Talking points for this episode include:
- The current employment environment;
- The most in demand practice areas;
- The new “hybrid” paralegal;
- The most important criteria for hiring paralegals;
- What employers are looking for in terms of technical proficiency and soft skills;
- The importance of the right mindset;
- What employers are looking for in terms of education and training;
- Current salary trends;
- And more!
The Paralegal Voice also thanks its sponsor: NALA…The Association of Paralegals and Legal Assistants.
Please share the links to this episode of The Paralegal Voice with your friends and colleagues. If you have a request for a future show, or a question for us, you are welcome to contact Vicki at
Also, be sure you never miss a podcast by subscribing to any Legal Talk Network show, including The Paralegal Voice, by using the RSS Feed links or iTunes links at http://legaltalknetwork.com/rss-feeds/.