Karen Glenn McElroy, PP, PLS, NALS President Elect shared this recipe with Paralegal Strategies readers. Since it is made in a slow cooker, it is perfect for a day when you’re too busy to cook or one of those cold winter days when you’re craving comfort food. Thanks, Karen!
Karen Glenn McElroy’s Beef Stroganoff
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 can condensed (10-3/4 oz.) cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can condensed (10-3/4 oz.) cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (6 oz.) slice mushrooms, drained
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup sour cream (8 oz.)
- Hot cooked noodles
In a 1 quart slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until beef is tender. Stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles. Serves 6.
Note: Karen uses low sodium soup and low fat sour cream and it tastes great. Also, she use whole-wheat noodles.