Attention Paralegals, Legal Assistants, Legal Secretaries
and All Legal Professionals!
A Paralegal’s Guide to Database Management
Vicki Voisin, ACP and Tina M. Keller, ACP
Now available for self-study. Learn at your convenience !
This 90-minute recorded webinar provides valuable information to help you develop, improve and enhance your database management skills so that you will be an essential member of the attorney’s team.
- What is the key to database management success?
- Why is it important to establish codes for fields?
- How to design codes for consistent use by team members.
- Why your codes should be simple and memorable;
- How to avoid “Code Chaos”.
- What role you must accept to be a database winner.
- Caution: E-mail is forever.
- Docketing vs. Calendaring: Is there a difference?
- The new best friends you must make.
- Who will get your “cheat list”?
- 6 things you must know about your case.
There’s more! Registered attendees will receive…
- Course will qualify for CLE approval by NALA, NALS, NFPA and more;
- Certificate of Attendance for 1.5 hours CLE upon return of code embedded in recording;
- A valuable handout that includes technology resources.
- A California State Bar approved MCLE provider;
- Delivers simple strategies for paralegals and other professionals to create success and satisfaction by setting goals and determining the direction they will take their careers;
- Spotlights resources, ethics issues, organizational tips, and other areas of continuing education to help paralegals and others reach their full potential;
- Nationally recognized author and speaker regarding issues of interest to legal professionals;
- Co-author of The Professional Paralegal: A Guide to Finding a Job and Career Success;
- Publishes a weekly ezine titled Paralegal Strategies;
- Co-host of The Paralegal Voice, a monthly podcast produced by Legal Talk Network;
- Earned a B.A. degree in Business Management from Central Michigan University;
- Received the Advanced Paralegal Certification (ACP) from the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA);
- Past president of NALA; current member of NALA and of NALS…the association for legal professionals;
- Current member and Past Chair of the Paralegal/Legal Assistant Section of the State Bar of Michigan
- Has worked in the paralegal field for more than 20 years;
- More information is available at http://paralegalmentor.com.
- Paralegal Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office, Consumer and Environmental Protection Division (CEPD);
- Assists with consumer and environmental cases with legal research, document drafting, proof reading, memo preparation, and charts : regulation and code changes.
- Maintains docketing and the database for all cases;
- Prepares Power Point presentation and spreadsheets as needed for litigation;
- Sole proprietor for 6 years: S.O.S. Paralegal Svc., Terre Haute, IN, a paralegal service business, specializing in personal injury with additional experience in domestic and social security disability.
- Freelance services included preparing and maintaining a vendor contract list database; updating the trademark and patent database and files; maintaining the lease database and files for the nationwide outlet stores owned by the corporation; assisting with due diligence preparation during mergers; creating and maintaining a closed file system; and locating and preparing environmental compliance and clean-up documents for submission to appropriate federal and state agencies;
- Is an active member of NALA…the association for paralegals/legal assistants; Affiliated Associations’ Secretary and Director; Board Member 2000-02;
- Former member: Arizona Paralegal Association; Indiana Legal Assistants, Inc.;
- Associate’s degree St. Petersburg College (ABA approved legal assistant program)
- Received NALA Certified Legal Assistant and CLA Specialist – Civil Litigation, both in 1998.
Stop the guess work — you’ll find the answers here!
Your investment? Only 77
A Paralegal’s Guide to Database Management
TAKE ACTION NOW
You won’t want to miss this important information that will help you will increase your value to the firm with your knowledge of the ins and outs of database management.
As always, I’m dedicated to your extraordinary success!
Vicki Voisin, ACP
The Paralegal Mentor
P.S. If you’ve ever been frustrated and overwhelmed by the number of documents you have to keep track of, this webinar is DEFINITELY for you! Take advantage of this valuable learning opportunity NOW.