You’re invited to attend the Paralegal Mentor’s
Double the Ethics = Double the Issues:
Advanced Ethics for Corporate Paralegals
Did you know that attorneys and paralegals working in the corporate setting have double the ethics obligations of law firm employees? This important course explores:
* The corporation’s Code of Business Ethics;
* How to avoid the Unauthorized Practice of Law;
* How to determine who the client is;
* Issues of confidentiality and privilege;
* The risks and benefits of technology;
* And more!
When? Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Time? 1pm Eastern (12pm Central/11am Mountain/10am Pacific)
Credit? 1.5 hours MCLE (qualifies for 1.5 hours ethics MCLE)
Format? This course is offered in webcast format. Participate via telephone or via computer… or both. No need to leave your desk! Ask questions and receive answers on the spot.
Who should attend? This course is designed to benefit all paralegals and attorneys, regardless of their experience and expertise.
Certificate of Attendance? Sent to registered attendees only. Presenter is an approved California MCLE Provider. Each course meets the requirements of the NALA Certifying Board for Paralegals for continuing legal education required to maintain the CP (Certified Paralegal) credential
Handouts? This course includes a detailed handout you’ll use again and again in keeping with the Paralegal Mentor’s reputation for providing outstanding course materials. Handouts may also be great study materials for the certification exam you’re taking in 2013.
Your investment: 67.00
The Presenter: Vicki Voisin, ACP
- A California State Bar approved MCLE provider;
- Delivers simple strategies for paralegals and other professionals to create success and satisfaction by setting goals and determining the direction they will take their careers;
- Spotlights resources, ethics issues, organizational tips, and other areas of continuing education to help paralegals and others reach their full potential;
- Nationally recognized author and speaker regarding issues of interest to legal professionals;
- Co-author of The Professional Paralegal: A Guide to Finding a Job and Career Success;
- Publisher of a weekly e-newsletter titled Paralegal Strategies;
- Host of The Paralegal Voice, a monthly podcast produced by Paralegal Mentor Productions;
- Earned a B.S. degree in Business Management from Central Michigan University;
- Received the Advanced Paralegal Certification (ACP) from the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA);
- Received NALA’s 2012 Founder’s Award in recognition of her outstanding contributions to the growth and future of the paralegal profession, which impacted this profession in a positive manner for a significant period of time;
- Current member and Past president of NALA; Presenter on NALA Campus LIVE! and at the 2012 Convention;
- Current member of NALS…the association for legal professionals ; currently serving on NALS Grassroots Committee;
- Current member and Past Chair of the Paralegal/Legal Assistant Section of the State Bar of Michigan;
- Has worked in the paralegal field for more than 20 years;
- More information is available at http://paralegalmentor.com.