Their discussion includes current paralegal hiring trends, educational and certification requirements, tips for paralegals just entering the job market [insert comma] and the top three areas paralegal job seekers most need to improve to be more marketable.
Kim also addresses a current “hot button” issue for the paralegal profession, i.e. whether employers are seeking inexperienced new attorneys instead of experienced paralegals
- The most in-demand specialty areas for legal support staffers
- The most in-demand computer and software proficiencies
- The amount of experience typical legal employers require
- Requirements for education and certification
- Tips for paralegals just entering the job market
- Traits of successful paralegal job applicants
- How social media is used in the placement process
- Tips for maintaining your LinkedIn profile
MP3 Link: http://legaltalkmedia.com/LTN/PLV/PLV_032012_Hiring.mp3
Internet resources and links mentioned during the podcast:
Amanda Ellis on Twitter: @AELLISLEGA
The Paralegal Voice also thanks its sponsors: Redact-It, NALA…The Association of Paralegals and Legal Assistants, and Clio.