It was my privilege to present Double the Ethics = Double the Issues: Advanced Ethics for Corporate Paralegals at the International Paper Company paralegal retreat at Walt Disney World.
What lucky paralegals and how nice of IP to do this for them. Definitely a demonstration of appreciation.
Recently I asked Paralegal Strategies readers what their employers do to show them they are appreciated. Here are a few of the responses I got:
- They were very happy and excited when I was elected to a national office – said that it was a feather in the cap of the program I work for – (This came from the Director of our Agency)
- Summer hours – in the summer, we can leave an hour earlier than our normal time paid.
- Absolutely Nothing.
- Allows me the flexibility to work from home when necessary to care for my child.
- Random paid time off. For example, the CEO deciding to send everyone home an hour early on Friday afternoon. Or giving an extra day off around a holiday (i.e., Monday, Dec. 24).
- Pays dues, provides education stipend and paid time off for CLE.
- All employees are given a free paid day for their birthdays; as for my immediate boss, he will occasionally give us an extra hour off or longer lunch.
- VERY generous holiday bonus every year I’ve been here.
Does your employer take steps to show you are valued and appreciated? What does he/she do? Leave a comment below — I would love to hear from you.