My co-host, Lynne DeVenny, and I discuss billable hour practices with Jennifer Karns, Legal Professional Training Manager for Snell & Wilmer L.L.P. Jennifer emphasizes the importance of meeting billable hour goals and adding value to time entries. She also shares essential tips for improving your billing descriptions and capabilities.
Important points included in this episode:
- How Jennifer’s career moved from Paralegal to Legal Professional Training Manager and what her job entails.
- Why billable hour goals are important to both the employer and employee
- The most difficult billing concept for paralegals and attorneys to grasp
- The two things you must include in every time entry
- The time you must not miss
- An important time keeping habit to adopt.
- How to write time entries that show value.
- How to do the “billable hour math” to reach your goals.
- And more!
Page URL: http://legaltalknetwork.com/podcasts/paralegal-voice/2012/07/best-billable-hour-practices-for-paralegals/
The Paralegal Voice also thanks its sponsor: NALA…The Association of Paralegals and Legal Assistants.
Please share the links to this episode of The Paralegal Voice with your friends and colleagues. If you have a request for a future show, or a question for us, you are welcome to contact us at TheParalegalVoice@gmail.com.
Also, be sure you never miss a podcast by subscribing to any Legal Talk Network show, including The Paralegal Voice, by using the RSS Feed links or iTunes links at http://legaltalknetwork.com/rss-feeds/.