Ted Brooks, Founder & CEO of Litigation-Tech LLC for his insight regarding the latest in court technology for paralegals.
He provides tips for paralegals getting ready for a big trial using extensive technology in the courtroom and explains how paralegals can learn the basics of commonly used trial software.
Ted also gives his picks for blogs and online resources for paralegals interested in learning more about courtroom technology.
Follow this link to the page URL:
http://legaltalknetwork.com/podcasts/paralegal-voice/2012/02/the-latest-in-court-technology-for-paralegals/Follow this link to the MP3 download: http://legaltalkmedia.com/LTN/PLV/PLV_022012_CourtTechnology.mp3
Also in this episode:
- How Ted became a trial presenation specialist
- What trial software Ted prefers
- What hardware Ted uses for trial
- What’s in Ted’s trial emergency kit
- Some newbie mistakes to avoid in trial presentation
- How to get started in trial presentation
- How to find a trial presentation vendor
- Vicki’s practice tip and Lynne’s social media/technology tip
Internet resources and links mentioned during the podcast:
- Litigation-Tech LLC, http://www.litigationtech.com/
- Court Technology Trial Presentation blog, http://trial-technology.blogspot.com/
- Ted on Twitter, http://twitter.com/#!/litigationtech
- Ted on LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-brooks/0/190/778
- Trial Technology Group on LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Trial-Technology-2276605
- Law Technology News, http://www.law.com/jsp/lawtechnologynews/index.jsp
- Trial Consulting Network, http://trialconsultingnetwork.com/
- TrialDirector, http://www.indatacorp.com/TrialDirector.html
- Sanction, http://www.verdictsystems.com/
- Visionary, http://www.freevisionary.com/
- ExhibitView, http://www.exhibitview.net/
- NCRA, http://www.ncra.org/
- OLP, http://www.theolp.org/
- The Professional Paralegal: A Guide to Finding a Job and Career Success (Prentice Hall, 2012), http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Paralegal-Finding-Career-Success/dp/013510578
- Workers’ Compensation Practice for Paralegals (Carolina Academic Press, 2008), http://www.amazon.com/Workers-Compensation-Practice-Paralegals-DeVenny/dp/tags-on-product/1594602646
- FileConverter from iPro, http://www.iprotech.com/Products/IPRO-IConvert/
- NameWiz, http://download.cnet.com/NameWiz/3001-2248_4-10004931.html?spi=c52de0d50769701bde357d01945657aa&dlm=0
- TextPad, http://www.textpad.com/
The Paralegal Voice also thanks its sponsors: Redact-It, and NALA…The Association of Paralegals and Legal Assistants.
Please share the links to this episode of The Paralegal Voice with your friends and colleagues. If you have a request for a future show, or a question for us, you are welcome to contact us at TheParalegalVoice@gmail.com.
Also, you can make sure you never miss a podcast by subscribing to any Legal Talk Network show, including The Paralegal Voice, by using the RSS Feed links or iTunes links at http://legaltalknetwork.com/rss-feeds/.