The latest edition of The Paralegal Voice, “Career Tips: How to Advance in the Paralegal Profession” co-hosted by Lynne DeVenny and me, is now available at Legal Talk Network.
On this edition of The Paralegal Voice, Lynne and I are joined by NALA President, Karen McGee, ACP and Charlsye Smith Diaz, Ph.D., to discuss career development and how to advance in the paralegal profession.
We cover key topics including creating professional resumes, obtaining professional certification, and networking at CLE programs.
- New ways that NALA is serving the paralegal profession
- Why having a quality professional resume is vital
- How employers read resumes
- The most important parts of a professional resume – and what to leave out
- More resume writing tips
- Alternate career paths for paralegals
- The advantages of NALA’s Advanced Paralegal Certification
- Vicki’s practice tip and Lynne’s social media tip
Page URL: http://legaltalknetwork.com/podcasts/paralegal-voice/2011/11/career-tips-how-to-advance-in-the-paralegal-profession/
MP3 Link: http://legaltalkmedia.com/LTN/PLV/PLV_102511_CareerDevelopment.mp3
Internet resources and links mentioned during the podcast:
- NALA, http://www.nala.org/Default.aspx
- NALA’s Advanced Paralegal Certification program, http://www.nala.org/apc.aspx
- NALA’s 37th Annual Meeting & Summer Institutes, http://www.nala.org/anmtnmembers.aspx
- CLE Gift for NALA Active Members, http://www.nala.org/NalaNews21.aspx
- Blueprint for Your Job Search (The Paralegal Mentor), http://paralegalmentor.com/job-search-blueprint/
- Useit.com, http://www.useit.com/
- Linkedin, http://www.linkedin.com/
- The Paralegal Society blog, http://theparalegalsociety.wordpress.com/
The Paralegal Voice also thanks its sponsors: Redact-It, Above All Legal, and NALA…The Association of Paralegals and Legal Assistants.
Please share the links to this episode of The Paralegal Voice with your friends and colleagues. If you have a request for a future show, or a question for us, you are welcome to contact us at TheParalegalVoice@gmail.com.
Also, you can make sure you never miss a podcast by subscribing to any Legal Talk Network show, including The Paralegal Voice, by using the RSS Feed links or iTunes links at http://legaltalknetwork.com/rss-feeds/.