When it comes to redaction and the process of removing confidential information from legal documents, some paralegals still rely on the traditional yet cumbersome method of using a black marker and the copier machine.
A new option is growing in popularity: the use of specialized electronic tools like Redact-It, which is specifically built for redaction. On this podcast, Christine Musil, Director of Marketing for Informative Graphics Corporation, joins us to discuss the benefits of this modern face of redaction and how paralegals can get current and step away from their redaction methods of yesterday.
Also in this episode:
- How Redact-It was born
- The benefits of using electronic redaction tools
- The differences between Adobe Acrobat and Redact-It
- Embarrassing examples of sensitive data leaked due to poor redaction
- How electronic redaction software prevents snafus
- Tips for using electronic redaction software
- Vicki’s practice tip and Lynne’s social media tip
Page URL: http://legaltalknetwork.
com/podcasts/paralegal-voice/ 2011/10/exploring-modern- redaction-methods-for- paralegals/
Internet resources and links mentioned during the podcast:
- Registration for virtual focus groups on November 2 & 3, visit www.redact.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Attendees get a $50 gift card, plus a chance to win an iPad.
- Registration for NYC Focus Groups on November 16 & 17, http://www.nyc-pa.org/news-
EventViewMode=2& CalendarViewType=1& SelectedDate=11/17/2011 (non- NYCPA members can email email@example.com to register. Attendees get a $50 gift card, plus a chance to win an iPad.)
- Electronic Redaction (Facts & Findings Magazine)
- Electronic Redaction – How to Properly Redact Documents
- The Reality of Native Format Production and Redaction
The Paralegal Voice also thanks its sponsors: Redact-It, Above All Legal, and NALA…The Association of Paralegals and Legal Assistants.
Please share the links to this episode of The Paralegal Voice with your friends and colleagues. If you have a request for a future show, or a question for us, you are welcome to contact us at TheParalegalVoice@gmail.com.
Also, you can make sure you never miss a podcast by subscribing to any Legal Talk Network show, including The Paralegal Voice, by using the RSS Feed links or iTunes links at http://legaltalknetwork.