The latest edition of The Paralegal Voice, “Paralegal 101: How to Launch Your Paralegal Career,” co-hosted by Lynne DeVenny and me, is now available at Legal Talk Network.
Are you thinking about becoming a paralegal, or are you already working toward a paralegal degree? On this edition of The Paralegal Voice, Lynne and I address the most frequently asked questions from people interested in becoming paralegals.
We talk about the realities of the profession, including assessing the traits paralegals need to succeed, working in a legal environment, and preparing for and finding that first job. We also discuss the importance of networking, education and training, and share our personal experiences and paths to becoming paralegals.
Also in this episode:
- How Lynne and Vicki started their paralegal careers
- Personality types that fit the paralegal profession
- Skills needed to succeed as a paralegal
- Pros and cons of working as a paralegal
- Staying on top of the legal support staff job market
- A paralegal certificate vs. voluntary paralegal certification
- Researching paralegal degree programs
- Gaining experience and networking
- Vicki and Lynne’s practice and social media tips
Page URL: http://legaltalknetwork.
com/podcasts/paralegal-voice/ 2011/07/paralegal-101-how-to- launch-your-paralegal-career/
Internet resources for people interested in the paralegal profession:
The Paralegal Voice also thanks its sponsor: NALA…The Association of Paralegals and Legal Assistants.
Please share the links to this episode of The Paralegal Voice with your friends and colleagues. If you have a request for a future show, or a question for us, you are welcome to contact us at TheParalegalVoice@gmail.com.
Also, you can make sure you never miss a podcast by subscribing to any Legal Talk Network show, including The Paralegal Voice, by using the RSS Feed links or iTunes links at http://legaltalknetwork.