Why should attorneys hire paralegals? Florida Paralegal Linda McGrath Cruz, ACP, FRP has posted her reasons on the LinkedIn group forum for Know: The Magazine for Paralegals:
• Paralegals can perform quality legal services to the client at a lower cost to the client.
• Allows the attorney to market his or her legal services as being progressive and efficient.
• The paralegal is generally available to meet with the clients when the attorney is unavailable or when the attorney’s presence is not necessary.
• Allows more time for the attorney to meet mandatory continuing education requirements and to keep abreast of new or repealed laws and reported cases.
• Allows the attorney to accept pro bono cases or represent clients or to represent clients in noteworthy cases.
Then North Carolina Paralegal Elizabeth Stallings added this:
Clients sometimes feel more comfortable communicating with paralegals because paralegals can cut through legal jargon and express ideas in a way that those unfamiliar with the law can understand.”
Both Elizabeth and Linda make good points for the hiring of paralegals. What would you add?