The latest edition of The Paralegal Voice, Paralegals Giving Back is now available at Legal Talk Network.
Volunteering can be an uplifting experience for all involved. On this edition of The Paralegal Voice, co-host Lynne DeVenny and I spotlight two paralegals who are ‘giving back’ to the community and volunteering their time to help others in need.
We welcome Cindy J. Geib, ACP, PaCP, a Certified Coordinator for Wills for Heroes and Lee A. Paige, CLA, Senior Paralegal at Parker, Milliken, Clark, O’Hara & Samuelian, who volunteers at the Los Angeles Food Bank. They discuss their individual experiences, time management and the impact volunteering has had on their lives.
Also in this episode:
- How Cindy and Lee got into the paralegal profession and what they like most about their jobs.
- Tips for paralegals interested in getting into their speciality areas.
- What drew Cindy and Lee to their volunteer work.
- Tips for balancing a job, family and volunteer work.
- How to find the right organization for your particular talents.
- Lynne and I also share practice and social media tips.
Follow this link to listen to the podcast: http://legaltalknetwork.com/podcasts/paralegal-voice/2011/04/paralegals-giving-back/
Follow this link if you want the MP3 download: http://legaltalkmedia.com/LTN/PLV/PLV_041911_Volunteering.mp3
There were several Internet resources referenced in the podcast:
- Wills for Heroes: http://willsforheroes.org/
- Lee Paige – firstname.lastname@example.org
- LAPA – Lancaster Area Paralegal Association http://www.lapaparalegals.org/
- Keystone Alliance of Paralegal Associations: http://www.keystoneparalegals.org/
- LAPA – Los Angeles Paralegal Association – http://www.lapa.org/
- Los Angeles Regional Food Bank – http://www.lafoodbank.org/
- Vicki’s 151 Tips for Your Career Success: http://www.paralegalmentor.com/
- Lynne’s post on how to remove your Spokeo listing, http://www.practicalparalegalism.com/2011/04/how-to-remove-your-spokeocom-listing.html
Please share the links to this episode of The Paralegal Voice with your friends and colleagues. If you have a request for a future show, or a question for us, you are welcome to contact us at TheParalegalVoice@gmail.com.