The latest edition of The Paralegal Voice, “Management Careers for Paralegals: Spotlighting IPMA,” co-hosted by Lynne DeVenny and me, is now available at Legal Talk Network.
In this episode, we welcome Karen Tuschak, President of the International Paralegal Management Association, Stacie McLean, IPMA President–Elect, and Sylvia Naim, IPMA Secretary-Treasurer, to take an in-depth look at IPMA, and discuss IPMA’s mission, the job market for paralegals, what they look for when hiring, and key traits needed to make a successful paralegal.
Also, in this episode, we discuss:
- How Karen, Stacie and Sylvia became paralegal managers
- The history of IPMA
- The hardest part of a paralegal manager’s job
- Opportunities for paralegal managers
- Advanced degrees for paralegals interested in management careers
- The importance of first impressions online
Internet resources and additional information:
- IPMA website, http://www.paralegalmanagement.org/
- IPMA’s 27th Annual Conference & Expo
- IPMA’s Paralegal Management Magazine
- “Secrets of Paralegal Management Unveiled” (Legal Assistant Today, March/April 2003)
The Paralegal Voice also thanks its sponsors: NALA…The Association of Paralegals and Legal Assistants, and Sun Trust.
Please share the links to this episode of The Paralegal Voice with your friends and colleagues. If you have a request for a future show, or a question for us, you are welcome to contact us at TheParalegalVoice@gmail.com.
Also, you can make sure that you never miss a podcast by subscribing to any Legal Talk Network show, including The Paralegal Voice, with RSS Feed Links or iTunes links at http://legaltalknetwork/rss-feeds/.