The latest edition of The Paralegal Voice, “Talking Murder and Mayhem with Sue Ann Jaffarian: Paralegal & Fiction Writer,” co-hosted by Vicki Voisin and me, is now available at Legal Talk Network.
In this episode, we welcome Sue Ann Jaffarian, a paralegal for Hooper, Lundy & Bookman, PC in Los Angeles, and author of the best-selling series, The Odelia Grey Mysteries.
Sue Ann talks about balancing dual careers as a very busy corporate paralegal and successful fiction writer; her “large and in charge” fictional paralegal, Odelia Patience Grey; and what’s next for both Sue Ann and Odelia. Throw in vampires, writing advice, and dealing with weight prejudice – this is a lively discussion you won’t want to miss!
Also in this episode, Sue Ann reveals:
* Her tips for getting into or making the change to corporate or health law
* How she got her start as a fiction writer
* How she balances working as a full-time paralegal with writing several novels a year
* Her tips for would-be writers
* Information re Book No. 6 in The Odelia Grey Mysteries due June 2011
Page URL: http://legaltalknetwork.com/podcasts/paralegal-voice/2010/11/talking-murder-and-mayhem-with-sue-ann-jaffarian-paralegal-fiction-writer/
MP3 Link: http://websrvr82il.audiovideoweb.com/ny60web16519/LTN/PLV/PLV_111810_Jaffarian.mp3
Internet resources referenced in the podcast:
* Hooper Lundy & Bookman, PC – Health Care Lawyers: http://health-law.com/
* Sue Ann’s website: http://sueannjaffarian.com/
* Babble ‘n Blog (Sue Ann’s blog): http://sueannjaffarian.blogspot.com/
* “To Maura Kelly and Marie Claire: I’m Fat. Deal With It!” (Babble ‘n Blog)
* Sue Ann’s books, The Odelia Grey Mysteries, Ghost of Granny Apples Mysteries, and Madison Rose Vampire Mysteries are available at bookstores, as well as http://amazon.com/
* Websites for some of Sue Ann’s favorite authors: http://www.naomihirahara.com/; http://www.kellistanley.com/; http://www.jeriwesterson.com/; http://www.kathleenernst.com/
The Paralegal Voice also thanks its sponsors: Westlaw Deposition Services and NALA…The Association of Paralegals and Legal Assistants.
Please share the links to this episode of The Paralegal Voice with your friends and colleagues. If you have a request for a future show, or a question for us, you are welcome to contact us at TheParalegalVoice@gmail.com. Also, you can make sure you never miss a podcast by subscribing to any Legal Talk Network show, including The Paralegal Voice, by using the RSS Feed links or iTunes links at http://legaltalknetwork.com/rss-feeds/.