The latest episode of The Paralegal Voice, “How Professional Association Membership Will Advance Your Paralegal Career”, co-hosted by Lynne DeVenny and Vicki Voisin , is now available at Legal Talk Network.
Patricia E. Infanti, PP, PLS, President of NALS, the Association for Legal Professionals, and Kathleen R. Amirante, PP, PLS, the association’s President Elect, are the featured guests. They join Vicki and Lynne to discuss the opportunities provided by membership in a professional association.
In this episode:
• The history and mission of NALS, the Association for Legal Professionals
• What NALS is doing to attract a diverse membership
• How NALS is educating attorneys re: qualifications for using the title ‘paralegal’
• Continuing education programs offered by NALS
• The new NALS Docket and Think Big Program
• The goal of NALS new ‘Future Leaders Development’ committee
• How association membership impacts a paralegal’s career
• Practice and social media tips from Vicki and Lynne
More information about NALS is available at http://www.nals.org/
To access the Page URL follow this link: http://legaltalknetwork.com/podcasts/paralegal-voice/2010/04/how-professional-association-membership-will-advance-your-paralegal-career/
To access the MP3 download, click here: http://websrvr82il.audiovideoweb.com/ny60web16519/LTN/PLV/PLV_041510_ProfAssoc.mp3
The Paralegal Voice also thanks its sponsors: Teris, Westlaw Deposition Services, and the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA)
Here are a few links to additional resources mentioned in this episode:
- NALS: http://www.nals.org/
- Google to Index Your Embarrassing Twitter Trail: http://ow.ly/1yuUE
- The Royal Shakespeare Company Performs “Romeo & Juliet” via Twitter: http://mashable.com/2010/04/12/rj-twitter/
- Katherine James, Trial Consultant at Act of Communication: http://www.actofcoummunication.com/ (Katherine was Vicki’s guest on the April 2010 Paralegal Mentor Mastermind Call: Using the Act of Communication in Trial Preparation
Patti Infanti (@PattiPP)
Kathie Amarinte (@KathiePLS)
Vicki Voisin (@VickiVoisin)
Lynne DeVenny (@ExpertParalegal)
If you enjoyed The Paralegal Voice, please share the link to the podcast with your friends and colleagues.
Do you have a request for a future show topic or a question for us? Send those to TheParalegalVoice@gmail.com.