In this episode:
- How Dr. Ball became a nationally-recognized jury consultant
- Why attorneys should allow paralegals to play a key role during jury selection
- How paralegals can assist during the jury selection process
- How to keep track of the jury pool
- Resources paralegals can use to learn more about jury selection
The Paralegal Voice also thanks its sponsors: Teris, Clio, West LiveNote, George Washington University Online Master’s in Paralegal Studies Program, and The National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA).
Here are a few links to additional resources that may be helpful in jury selection:
The Voir Dire Process, American Bar Association
How to Pick a Jury, ABA Journal (This resource includes an overview of jury challenges, including the Batson challenge Dr. Ball discusses in the podcast.)
Blue’s Guide to Jury Selection (AAJ Press, 2008) (recommended reading by Dr. Ball)
If you like The Paralegal Voice, we’d appreciate it very much if you shared the link (http://legaltalknetwork.com/about/our-programs/the-paralegal-voice/) with your friends and colleagues.
Do you have a request for a future show topic or a question for the hosts? Please send it to TheParalegalVoice@gmail.com.