If my math is correct, I’m slipping this post in with just four hours to go in Sandra Martini’s 30 Day Blog Challenge. And what a challenge it’s been!
As with all challenges, this one both taught me lessons and brought me revelations. Here are a few thoughts about both:
1) When I say I’m going to do something, then I do it no matter how tough it is. I’ve always known that but it was nice to see that that drive is still there.
2) It’s time I dove into that huge file of ‘blog ideas’ and get them posted. My head is always spinning with ideas and I’m always making notes…time to do something with all of those.
3) I can post six articles in one day! While I’m not so sure this is a good idea because readers have a difficult time keeping up, it was nice to know that I can do this…and there’s no reason why I can’t sit down and write several posts in one afternoon.
4) It’s OK to get a little help with those posts…as in re-purposed articles, guest articles, co-authored articles, and paralegal profiles.
5) The articles don’t have to be perfect. For instance, I had soooooo much more to say about boosting your LinkedIn presence but seven strategies were enough. I’ll save the others for another day.
And now that this post is more than 100 words long, I can quit…post it…and consider Sandy’s challenge met. I’m done…and done is good enough.
Experts say that it takes 21 to 30 days to form a habit. I think I’ve formed the habit of blogging more…instead of just thinking about what I could blog. Thanks for the wake-up call, Sandy!